Slip & Fall Personal Injury Case Statistics for NY
- Posted on:
Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common personal injury cases across the nation. However, not every slip and fall accident leads to settlement. In order to understand whether or not you have a legitimate personal injury case, it’s important that you know the state of slip and fall accidents in New York.
Let’s take a look at a few slip and fall statistics that can help you better understand personal injury cases.
- According to the CDC, about 2.3 million emergency trip visits are related to slip and fall accidents.
- About 15% of workplace injuries in the United States are related to falls.
- Over 2 million falls occur every year because of unsafe floor surfaces.
- Slip and fall injuries make up over 25% of all workers’ compensation settlements.
- Slip and fall injuries can lead to serious injuries such as bone fractures or even brain injuries.
- The largest settlement for a slip and fall injury in the state of New York was $16.5 million. The plaintiff in this New York personal injury case fell down MTA subway stairs and suffered severe brain damage.
- The average settlement for a slip and fall case in the state of New York is just under $790,000.
About Your Slip and Fall Personal Injury Case
If you believe you have a legitimate slip and fall case, you will want to speak with a personal injury attorney. In order to receive compensation for your accident, you will need to prove that another individual is responsible for your injuries and that it was their duty to protect you from harm. To do this, you will need to collect and present a series of evidence that helps support your case.
Working with an expert personal injury team can help you win your case and receive a fair settlement. If you’ve recently been injured in a slip and fall case or another personal injury case in New York, contact the Held & Hines, LLP office. With branches in both Manhattan and Brooklyn, we can assist you in your case regardless of your location. Call our toll-free number at 855.HELD.HINES today for your free consultation.
Posted in: Slip and Fall