Philip M. Hines: PartnerTel: (718) 531-9700 - (212) 696-4529
Fax: (718) 444-5768
Philip M. Hines is a founding member of Held & Hines, LLP. Mr. Hines devotes a large portion of his practice to defending civil rights and advocating for prisoner’s rights and the rights of the wrongfully convicted, having successfully obtained compensation for scores of victims of sexual abuse, excessive force, religious discrimination, false arrest, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, police harassment, and denial of medical care.
Mr. Hines also zealously represents victims involved in motor vehicle accidents, trip and fall accidents, construction accidents, and victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries or death. Additionally Mr. Hines represents individuals and business in litigating a broad spectrum of commercial, contract, real estate, and employment matters, including representing Uber drivers in a New York class action lawsuit filed against Uber alleging misclassification of their employment status, wrongful conversion of their gratuities, breach of contract, false advertising, and other claims.
Mr. Hines regularly speaks on civil rights and personal injury matters to attorneys, other professionals and the media, and always makes himself available to his clients to meet or speak as frequently as the client desires.
Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg School of Law, Juris Doctor
Syracuse University, Martin J. Whitman School of Management, Bachelors of Science
Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus, Masters of Business Administration
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Brooklyn Bar Association